Witchcraft Paganism Questions



Basics

How did you find Witchcraft/Paganism?

I was introduced to it by a friend from highschool. I will admit I was originally more interested in the spells than the spirituality side of it (what 15 year old wouldn’t be?) but as I read more about it the spiritual side began to emerge. This was 12 years ago now and while I have gone through periods of intense worship and then next to nothing, I still count myself to be a witch.

How long have you been practising?

12 years give or take. I believe my first ritual was Ostara 1998.

Solitary or group practitioner?

I have done both. When I was starting my friend and I would do Sabbat rituals together, but mostly any spell work etc by ourselves. We then formed a Circle with my then partner and another girl we met through a witchcraft workshop. This lasted for about a year before I moved overseas for 18 months. I took on the role of the group organiser most of the time, so when I was out of the country, it kind of fell apart.

What is your path?

I have gone through several paths throughout the last few years. I was strictly Wiccan for a while, then got called to worship Hecate, then evolved into Hellenistic worship (following all of the Ancient Greek deities) and am now still figuring out what to call my path. I am definitely more attuned with the Goddess side of paganism, though this probably means that at some point I do need to re-evaluate the God side too for balance.

Lately I am called to several paths. I feel a strong connection to Shamanism and I am involved in several women’s groups, one drumming circle and am constantly learning things from these wonderful women. One of the women’s groups is Goddess Spirituality oriented, the other is Koori Shamanism focused. The drumming circle is mixed gender.

Are you out of the broom closet?

To anyone that asks, yes. I don’t go around just telling people that I’m a Witch and I certainly don’t dress stereotypically. But I am honest if people want to know.

What are your favourite holidays?

I definitely feel more connection to Samhain and Yule, most likely cause my group of friends celebrate these each year.

What if your least favourite holiday?

Imbolc and Lammas are the two that I feel least connected with.

Have you ever held a ritual on a holiday?

Frequently. I often wrote them for the groups I was involved with.

Ever taken a day off work to celebrate a pagan holiday?

Not yet.

Do you celebrate Yule on the 21 rather than the 25?

Yes I do

Have you ever felt the Veil thin?

Yes, this last year’s Samhain ritual was the most powerful one I have done.

Ever danced the Maypole?

Yes, as part of a ‘Living Art’ exhibit organised by one of my firends

How do you usually celebrate the pagan holidays?

Depends, if a group feast is organised then we generally all bring something to share to eat and have a ritual. If nothing is organised within the group I generally take a few minutes to honour the season but lately do not perform a ritual by myself.

Divination

Do you use Tarot?

Yes, I have several decks, my first one being the Shapeshifter Tarot and my latest one being the Robin Wood Tarot Deck

Do you use runes?

I have a set of citrine runes but do not use them

Do you use astrology?

Yes, I have studied Astrology in a formal class setting for 3 years.

Any other form of divination?

I use various Oracle Cards and try to pay attention to dreams

Gods and Goddess

Who are your patron Gods?

I’m not sure I have any at the moment

Who are your patron Goddesses?

Hecate was for a long while, I’m not sure she still is or whether its morphed into the generic Goddess with the different faces as needed.

Which Gods/Goddess' do you worship?

I am more Greek Pantheon based, I feel more comfortable with them

Do you fear dark aspects of the Gods/Goddess, or rather, respect them?

I respect them for the most part. The dark aspects occasionally scare me, or make me angry, but I am learning to trust that they are all part of life.

Nature

Do you regularly commune with nature?

Not as regularly as I should

Ever walked barefoot in the woods?

Once or twice, but nor as often as I should

Describe the moment you felt closest to Mother Earth?

While camping I feel her strongly, looking up at the stars and breathing in the cool air.

What is/are your power animal(s)?

Horse, Dog, Hawk

Do you have a familiar?

https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/tracker/1468068124430970585-5014572772315682029?l=hearthwitch-cottage.blogspot.comI am owned by a couple of cats but I’m not sure either are my familiars.

Spells

What was the first spell you did?

I did a prosperity spell when I was younger and it worked very effectively.

What was the latest?

I can’t remember the last spell I did. I’m trying to reconcile spell casting with my current belief thinking. I have done protection visualisations for my house and shielded myself against unwanted energies.

Ever done a love spell?

No.

A job spell?

Yes, but it was generic, not a I want X job, it was a I want a job that will bring me x, y, z.

A healing spell?

Yes

Cryptozoology

Do you believe in Vampires?

Energy Vampires yes

Werewolves?

The myths probably stemmed from Shamans

Shape shifters?

In the shamanic sense, yes.

Elves? Faeries? Dragons? Nymphs? Sprites? Mermaids? Sirens? Satyrs?

Why not? They make the world more magical to think about

Ghosts/Spirits?

Yes

Ever "seen" any of the above?

Yes

Do you have one of them as a personal guardian?

Yes

Other Witchy Wonderings

Do you see a rabbit, a man or a woman in the moon?

A man

Do you own a cat?

I am owned by 2

When you meditate what does your sacred place look like?

A meadow with a Greek temple

Do you believe in soul mates?

Yes, though I believe you have a soul circle of friends, a group of people who you chose to meet this life who are here to help you learn one of your lessons for this life. I believe that you do know who these people are, they are the ones you meet and just instantly click with, likewise the ones you instantly dislike. Its the instant reactions that is your soul recognising them

Is it always love and light?

No, in fact frequently is awkward and bad timing and painful.

0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Earthbound Shaman. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.