Drumming Circle - September

Tonight Joyce was back from her holiday so her circle was back on again.

I really got tonight how there are fanatics in every religion. Tonight, some of the Sage got knocked and spilled on the floor and this woman started freaking out. Then when we were going around the circle and speaking from our hearts she used that time to essentially blame Louise who had accidentally knocked the Sage saying that in some cultures tonight would not have continued had that occured. I honestly cannot believe that God/dess/Spirit/Universe would stop helping us, or push misfortune on us for accidentally knocking over the incense. If I wanted that kind of blame or guilt associated with my worship I'd go back to Catholicism. Then after the circle the woman insisted that we drink some Sage tea or else 'bad things will happen to us.' Sorry, you may bring that sort of karma into your life but in my life I can't believe that they want harm just for an accident.

On a more positive note I have bought a drum, she sounds beautiful, I can see a wolf head and a horse head in her face and has this deep resounding beat. Joyce got me to play it, while another woman played a flute to consecrate it.

The drumming tonight was quite frenzied in parts, speeding up so much, and while I wondered at times if I should take a break I kept going. My muscles don't seem too sore now but we will see later.


0 comments:

Back to Home Back to Top Earthbound Shaman. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.