Tattoo of Awesomeness

So Kim is terminal. She has between 2 weeks and a couple months left. One of the things she wanted to do was get a tattoo and she and Mel had been discussing it for a while and when they told me I decided I wanted one too. Mel was a bit thingie about me getting one as well, but explained that it was more from a selfish perspective rather than anything against me.

I wanted it because I didn't really know Kim before she got sick and I'm not as close to her as Mel is. I was scared of forgetting her which is completely illogical but it was there and it was a way for me to be close to her, even in 20 years time.

On Saturday we went and got Mel's done, because Kim needed a doctor's cert to get her's done and by the time they'd done Mel's we needed to leave so that Mel could go to a hen's night. Sunday we all went back and Kim and I got ours done.

It didn't hurt as much as I thought it would, its a little red now but all in all it looks great. Kinda weird getting used to the idea of 'me with a tattoo'
Posted by Picasa

1 comments:

Unknown said...
October 20, 2008 at 6:12 PM

It looks gorgeous, and it will always mean something to you.

Back to Home Back to Top Earthbound Shaman. Theme ligneous by pure-essence.net. Bloggerized by Chica Blogger.